- Drawing a cloud on a chart is the way to represent the Internet and its multiple interconnections.
Cloud computing :
- SaaS (Software as a Service) : individual software package accessible from the cloud
- PaaS (Platform As a service) : complete operating system and software package available via cloud services
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) : infrastructure services, racks, servers, storage, network capacity, etc..
- BpaaS (Business process as a Service application as a Service) : outsourcing of certain business processes not core to the company
Types of controllers :
- Public cloud : owned and operated by a 3rd party
- Private cloud : owned and operated directly by your organisation
- Partner cloud : owned and operated by a trusted partner